Sunday, March 30, 2014

Two Fates (Ignorance is Strength)

Two fates were given 
to the woman to choose
With both fates, however, 
her life she would lose

"I cant decide on one" 
she spoke aloud
to the eerie spirit
translucent as a cloud

"You must choose one,
and only one
and be wise my child;
what's chosen cannot be undone"

So the woman stood
and began to ponder
but the more she thought
the more she would wonder

Two fates were presented 
to the woman in white
two fates not simple
two fates with great fright

Either live her life
knowing every detail of her death
but live a prosperous, joyful life 
until her late, old rest

Or live without any knowledge 
of the way she would die
but she would live a short life
until her last goodbye

Time came and went
as the woman decided on a choice
until the spirit grew impatient 
and commanded in an angered tone of voice:

"You must choose one,
and only one
and be wise my child;
what's chosen cannot be undone"

"I choose the second"
She said quickly
and the spirit replied 
arguing questionably

"The second you choose? 
Are you sure of it?
This is the last chance
for you to change what you picked"

"I am sure" the woman said 
more confident and full of pride
"Why so sure?" asked the spirit
questioning her said pride

"Because although I shall live rich 
and for a long time
the detail of my death 
would not leave my side

I would would obsess
over the thought 
of knowing 
how my life would stop

But my ignorance of my own death
will not haunt me to the grave
and instead i can live 
and have wondrous days

I will live shortly
I know
but without fear 
of what could have been known

I will be adventurous  
and happy
and most importantly
free"

The spirit stood and glanced 
over the woman in white
and grinned a small grin
revealing her hidden delight

"And so it shall be.
Your own death you will not see" 
and with the blink of an eye
the spirit was gone; history

And so the woman stood alone
questioning her choice
and smiled because she knew 
she had made the right choice 








0 comments:

Post a Comment